AuthorMessage
ccwc1988
Admin
ccwc1988

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 9:20 am

Yes here it is Rolling Eyes Water fed poles v Traditional let battle commence Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
http://commercialwindows.niceboard.com
ccwc1988
Admin
ccwc1988

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 3:59 pm

My vote would be and it hurts to me to say this..... scratch Traditional, now most of our work is pole work...but.....you cannot start or run a window cleaning business with poles knowledge alone....Traditional wins every....trad is king king ........come on you polers you have to admit. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mr H Cleaning Services

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 12:50 am

Why can't you
Quote :
start or run a window cleaning business with poles knowledge alone

If you have the capital to invest then you can start with poles, and as for running a business, so long as you are a people person you should do alright with the customers.

Trad is a cheeper way of getting into the business and it is a handy knowledge to have just in case you can't use the poles for some reason.

This BATTLE between which is best is (to me) like trying to say which is better, a made to measure suit or a ready made suit. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, both do the same job, but a badly made made to measure suit will look worse than a good off the peg suit.

Thats my view anyway... Smile

What's your view....?

Regards
Mr H
Back to top Go down
ccwc1988
Admin
ccwc1988

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 am

[quote="Mr H Cleaning Services"]Why can't you
Quote :
start or run a window cleaning business with poles knowledge alone

If you have the capital to invest then you can start with poles, and as for running a business, so long as you are a people person you should do alright with the customers.

Trad is a cheeper way of getting into the business and it is a handy knowledge to have just in case you can't use the poles for some reason.

This BATTLE between which is best is (to me) like trying to say which is better, a made to measure suit or a ready made suit. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, both do the same job, but a badly made made to measure suit will look worse than a good off the peg suit.

Hi Mr H,

What I mean is you really do need the traditional skills to carry out a window cleaning firm effectively for example... Your system brakes down and to a certain degree you could carry on the trad method unless it's on the sixth floor pale

Or doing internals as a one off for a customer...although it would be nice to use the poles inside..the customer won't be very happy with there wet floor No

I think you may have misunderstood me the "Battle" comment above is more about the users as opposed to which is best.
Mr H, I just like reading the forums when people start getting uptight about there beliefs lol!

P.s. good to see you on the threads bounce
Back to top Go down
frosty

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 5:25 am

don't have WFP i live in south Snowdonia and hardly any off my work is above 1st floor, so for me it's traditional cleaning. Also traditional is lots better for environment and the way our goverment treats us these days i'd expect some tax to be created for W/C using WFPs in the future, along the lines of water usage or diesel use or whatever they can come up with!!!
Back to top Go down
LDoubtfire

Number of posts : 1

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 9:27 am

W.F.P. is another `string to your bow` but is not the `be all and end all`.
`Trad` will always be there I recon.Having sais that I would`nt want to be
without my system
Back to top Go down
DaviePark

DaviePark

Number of posts : 5

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 9:57 am

frosty wrote:
i'd expect some tax to be created for W/C using WFPs in the future, along the lines of water usage or diesel use or whatever they can come up with!!!

Congratulations frosty - you're the first person to be banned from this forum jocolor
Back to top Go down
TheElectricWindowCleaner

Number of posts : 17

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 11:55 am

Dont let him put the frighteners on you frosty, you carry on and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.electricwindowcleaner.com
TheElectricWindowCleaner

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 11:56 am

Dont let him put the frighteners on you frosty, you carry on and welcome to the forum.

Frosty, maybe you/we could recycle snow Very Happy The water put back in the enviroment from wfp use is as clean as the water you put back from trad ?
Back to top Go down
frosty

Number of posts : 7

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 12:23 pm

ha ha, lol
don't people get really serious
affraid
Back to top Go down
DaviePark

DaviePark

Number of posts : 5

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 12:29 pm

TheElectricWindowCleaner wrote:

Frighteners? Are you trying to get me a bad rep on this board, you scamp?

Just remember - I knew you when you were battery-driven elephant
Back to top Go down
TheElectricWindowCleaner

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 2:12 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
jd2

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: The squee gee is King in Australia   Here it is! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 1:29 am

Hi everyone, the squee gee is King king in Australia. There are only a few ( or one ) wfp systems that I know of in Perth.

The main reason for the squee gees continued sucess here is mainly because the 2 storey homes here always have a roof line ( with flyscreens on one half of them ) windows and the homes are always done inside and outside here. We also suffer from gum pollen stains which are released by the gum trees here and most of the time they need to be bladed off.

I suppose I swing both ways using a system of hosing down all my jobs first ( domestic and commercial ) and them squee geeing them off.

Regards

JD2
Back to top Go down
TheElectricWindowCleaner

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 2:30 pm

Hello Joe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jd2

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Jim not Joe   Here it is! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 2:43 am

Very funny Electric, its Jimmy not Joe.
Shocked

Regards

JD2
Back to top Go down
Mr H Cleaning Services

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 11:31 pm

Quote :
[quote="ccwc1988Hi Mr H,

What I mean is you really do need the traditional skills to carry out a window cleaning firm effectively for example... Your system brakes down and to a certain degree you could carry on the trad method unless it's on the sixth floor pale

Or doing internals as a one off for a customer...although it would be nice to use the poles inside..the customer won't be very happy with there wet floor No

I think you may have misunderstood me the "Battle" comment above is more about the users as opposed to which is best.
Mr H, I just like reading the forums when people start getting uptight about there beliefs lol!

P.s. good to see you on the threads bounce
[/quote]
IN REPLY......

If your system breaks down then its best to do as little as possable the trad way as you will only need to put it right afterwards and it would give the wrong impression to the customer.
As for doing the insides I do them with pure water and microfibre cloths. No chemicals or blades insight. Whats the point of telling customers how good the outsides are if the insides have a layer of soap on them.....?
Because it takes longer to do I charge the same as outsides + 50% for doing insides this way and many customers are now going for it.

Regards
Mr H
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here it is! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here it is!   Here it is! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here it is!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Area Window Cleaners :: Work Talk-
Jump to: