Go down 
AuthorMessage
ccwc1988
Admin
ccwc1988

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Help each other Empty
PostSubject: Help each other   Help each other Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 9:07 am

Help each other on marketing tips, chances are the window cleaners your helping don't work your area. So lets help each other, and we might even learn something new ourselves. Laughing

My tip is yellow pages it does not work for everybody but it works for us.
You can even generate work from a one line free listing if you place an "A" at the beginning of your company name i.e. G.C. Window Cleaners becomes A.G.C. Window Cleaners.

This works well i have it an good authority by said window cleaner from the Cardiff edition.
lol!
Back to top Go down
https://commercialwindows.niceboard.com
TheElectricWindowCleaner

Number of posts : 17

Help each other Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help each other   Help each other Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 11:56 am

It used to be that putting *** before and after your name or number (ie "1 choice " comes before the letter A but *** 1st Choice** used to beat the 1st choice one) and got you to the top of the list but I think that Thompsons got wise to this one but its worth a try ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.electricwindowcleaner.com
ccwc1988
Admin
ccwc1988

Number of posts : 20

Help each other Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help each other   Help each other Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 3:52 pm

Hi Jeff, your right but up until this year yellow pages had a similar situation. There problem was the full stop...up until this edition, if you were called "Wizard Windows" for instance you would probably be last.. Sad but if you changed your name (only for yellow pages purposes) to
".......Wizard Windows" you would have been first. Shocked check out the ad's in last years yell pages.

But while on the subject yell.com is neither here or there. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://commercialwindows.niceboard.com
frosty

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Help each other Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help each other   Help each other Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 2:33 am

i've registered with as many of the local and national directories that i've been able to find on the internet (and i mean dozens of them!) It took me a couple of hours searching and registering each evening for 3-4 days. The end result though whether you use a google, windows or any of the search engines to find 'window cleaners in Bala' is that i have the first eight listings(depending which one you use).
Since doing this, google have phoned me and told me that if i want a guaranteed top of page listing with my company name they'll guarantee it for 100 a year. To me this is an excellent offer considering it would cost me over half of that amount to run a small ad in the local press for a couple of weeks.
I know the local ads target a better prospective customer but with living in an area with lots of holiday homes, a large minority of people around here don't see the local press for this reason(don't live here except 4-6 weeks a year).
So i'm hoping to pick up extra punters in this way.
I've even managed to get above you jeff on the listings!!
With doing a bit more research i found out that 88% of people now use google first to look for most things, this far exceeds most of the others by far!
hope it works for you, cos it's working for me. study
Frosty
Back to top Go down
frosty

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Help each other Empty
PostSubject: free stuff (and lots of it)   Help each other Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 2:54 am

looking through the net for cheap business cards came across this company, based in Holland. www.vistaprint.co.uk
i've ended up with:-
750 business cards(quality not crap,like home mades)
100 glossy postcards
50 oversised glossy postcards
post it note pads
desk cards
normal note pad
rubber business stamp
desk calendar
25 business card sized fridge magnets
10 A5 sized fridge magnets
25 A4 sized glossy gate fold brochures
iIm sure there's something else too!
Everything is your company named/designed, create (upload)your own logo for everything as well.
anyway all for 17 but if i'd of gone for 250 busi cards it would of only cost me 13. they took about a week from ordering until i recieved them.
The fridge mags are great for in the shop fridges around town, right next to the milk at eye level!! Guaranteed 100s of housewives Wink every day see that one.
it's another arrow in your belt if any tries poaching your work. i'm on such an advertising blitz at the moment though i don't think that anyone will be able to!
If you dont use them, have a quick look at the site. You'll be amazed they can do this. I think that they are just relying on follow up orders( which are still dirt cheap) the quality of everything i recieved is excellent.
Hope this helps someone out.
Frosty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help each other Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help each other   Help each other Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help each other
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Area Window Cleaners :: Marketing Tips-
Jump to: